Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sweet Dreams

I fed Allison and put her to bed around 11:30pm. I expected her to wake up at 2:30am, but hoped she would sleep until 3:30am. I heard her cries and immediately woke up. I squinted my eyes to see the alarm clock. I couldn't believe my eyes! 5:30am. Oh my goodness! I haven't had six straight hours of sleep in almost six weeks. I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but it sure seems good! I implemented a few ideas from the book "On becoming Babywise," however there were many things in the book I wasn't so sure about. I keep Allison on a schedule of eat, play, and sleep every 2 1/2 to 4 hours. The book claimed she would eventually drop one of her nighttime feedings, but I didn't think it would happen for a few months. Is this bad? It seems to good to be true...

2 comments:

  1. That is great!! I am so glad you were able to get a nice night's sleep. Has she been keeping up this schedule since?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and no. She stays on the schedule, but she has only slept 6 straight hours at night once more. Last night she slept 4 1/2 hours which is better than 3.

    ReplyDelete