Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Birth


July 28, 2009. Our first wedding anniversary. We arrived at the hospital around 5:30am. I was excited and nervous and everything in between. The doctor broke my water and so began the waiting game. The doctor came back in and said I was at 4 cm. I held out for several hours then politely requested an epidural which took 3 hours to arrive. By that time I was screaming for the epidural asking "where the H*** is the doctor?" After the epidural the OB came back in and checked me... still at 4 cm. It's been 8 hours. Time for a c-section. I started crying. This is not what I had planned. This is not what I had envisioned. The nurses scurried around as if time was running out. They whisked me into surgery, strapped me to the "cross" and began furiously preparing to remove the child within me. I could not stop shaking. "Where is Tristan?" I kept asking to no one. Finally he arrived and only a few minutes later so did my beautiful baby girl. The doctors passed her around guessing her weight around 7 or 8 lbs. They where shocked when the scale read 6 lbs 13.6 oz. They brought her to me where I could see her and kiss her head, but I was still strapped down and unable to hold her. She and Tristan left for the nursery. Finally all was complete. They wheeled me back to my room for recovery where they brought me sweet Allison to hold. All my family and friends where there to welcome her to the world. She was so precious, so tiny, and so mine. I can't begin to express the joy she brings me.

No comments:

Post a Comment